British Krav Maga provides the most rigorous and demanding Krav Maga testing in the Industry. Our standards are consistently higher than elsewhere and students should be aware of this prior to grading. Gradings are an opportunity for students to test themselves against an agreed national standard in Krav Maga. Gradings represent an opportunity to train and prepare for a specific set of threats and scenarios under test conditions, and to test your own physical and psychological resilience against a renowned and redoubtable assessment.
Gradings must represent a ‘Fair Test’ of a candidates ability to demonstrate techniques from the British Krav Maga curricula under test conditions. Attacks must be fast and realistic. Examiners are looking for techniques and training that are:
1. Viable under realistic conditions
2. Innate and instinctive as a result of frequentrepetition
3. Biomechanically correct and efficient
4. Compatible with Krav Maga’s strategic principles
5. As taught in the British Krav Maga curricula
6. Application of controlled yet immediate forward aggression.
Examiners are advised to make ‘reasonable adjustment’ for age (40 years or more), previous injury or disability, however, the participant must demonstrate their ability to effectively protect themselves to meet the standard.
Candidates are expected to fight from Level 3 upwards.
Grading with British Krav Maga are designed to be a ‘fair test’ of a Kravists ability to apply the British Krav Maga curricula under stressful conditions. It is the Kravists responsibility to provide the Examiner with evidence that they are competent and can consistently apply technique under stressful conditions.
The examiner is looking for the instinctive application, good biomechanics and application of strategic awareness.
1. Opening circle and welcome
2. Warm up and instensive phsyical session of around 1 hour to bring candidates to a state of exertion, fatigue and stress that simulates the harsh adrenal load of real conflict.
3. Working through all techniques being tested at full speed and power.
4. Repeat all techniques to be tested at full speed and power
5. The Fights. Sparring and fighting against single and multiple opponents (Level 3 and above)
6. Individual Student Review and coaching feedback
7. Presentation of awards to successful candidates.